Issue – A school running PCSchool on Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit) found that the server (and PCSchool) was running VERY slowly.
Solution – They increased the memory on the server (allowing for an additional 4GB) and changed some settings on the server as follows:
- Disable receive-side scaling
- Disable chimney offload state
- Disable receive Window auto tuning
- Disable offloading in the network adapter properties
- Disable IPv6 in the network adapter
After these adjustments the server ran much faster.