PCSchool has customized the absence roll marking to be compliant with the 2012 changes in Attendance Marking in NSW schools. For more information on the requirements please visit
To implement the changes in PCSchool follow the steps below:
- Download www.pcschool.net/download/attendcodesNSW.zip Open the file and extract the contents to \PCSchool\Documents on the server (replacing the current AttendanceCodes.xml)
- Check your version of the Scholastic Module.If it is less than 2011.2.0.433 you will need to download the latest followup at www.pcschool.net/download/followup2011-2.zip
- If you are using PCSchool Spider to mark your rolls you will need to contact PCSchool to ensure that you have a suitable version of the Spider. If you have not updated your Spider since January 2012 then you will need to update.
- Run PCSchool Scholastic. Absence Roll Collection and Go to Attendance Settings. Insert “?”, “P”, “T” and “F” as indicated.
A requirement of the NSW system is that the student is marked with an “X” to indicate the first and last days of attendance each term. This can be set within PCSchool to present in Roll Marking, on the first and last days, as the default as below:
NOTE: the ‘X’ will only appear if NSW is the state selected in your System File address, and provided you have changed the defaults to “?”, “P”, “T” & “F”. If you have done this and the “X” is not in the combo list then exit Scholastic and re-open to refresh the Combo list.
PCSchool has created a specific NSW Attendance Roll Report launched from the Absence Reports. To install this new report
- If SQL download www.pcschool.net/download/attendNSWSQL.zip open and extract the AttendNSW.rpt to \PCSchool\Reports\SQL
- If Non SQL download www.pcschool.net/download/attendNSW.zip open and extract the AttendNSW.rpt to \PCSchool\Reports
Next setup the Report in the Report Alias File as indicated
To run the report go to Absence Reports. Select Analysis/Graphical and run the AttendNSW report.