Terminal Server is a Microsoft technology used to allow users to log into a server, rather than through a traditional client. Visit the Microsoft website for information on Terminal Services.
PC School does work with Terminal Server, and below are some notes regarding it’s setup.
Installation for non-Admins
To install PC School on a terminal server for a non-Admin user:
- Change the user “change user /install”
- Run PCRemote as administrator.
- Ensure the users have access to \visual dataflex in registry.
- Ensure they have access to Visual Dataflex 11.0\bin Usually in C:\Program Files
- Ensure they have access to PCSchool\Data
- Then I ran change “change user /execute”
The above information is for users of PCSchool Student Management School Software.