A missing AbsentRollWeb.xml file can cause the Spider to display a blank list of students when a class is generated via Absence Roll Marking.
This AbsentRollWeb.xml file would normally be found in the PCSchool/Documents folder on your PC School Server. To determine the exact location of this folder, take a look at the DataPath setting in the PCSchool.ws file found with the webapp.exe. If you’re unsure where to find the Webapp.exe, please read the locate and update the Webapp.exe file article.
Configuring IIS Web.config
To configure this this file, please do the following:
- Run IIS
- Find the PCSchoolSpider folder
- Right click this folder and select Properties
- Select the ASP.NET tab page and click Edit Configuration
- In the Application settings grid, find the value of the AbsentRollXML setting, and make sure it points to a valid xml file. Only the file name is required, however this file must exist in the PCSchool\Docments folder.
- if a change has been made, click the OK button.
Log into Spider an retest the Absent Roll Marking and the Roll List should now appear.
Note: this file is usually called AbsentRollWeb.xml. For NZ Schools it’s likely this file is called something like NZAbsentRollWeb.xml
For schools missing these files, they may be downloaded from:
The above information is for users of PCSchool Student Management School Software.