Data execution prevention can cause problems with running PC School and Spider. Please take the following steps to make sure it is setup in a way to avoid these issues:
- Open System Properties go to the Advanced tab
- Click Performance Settings button
- Select the Data Execution Prevention tab
- Click the Turn on DEP for essential windows programs and services only radio button
- Click OK, click OK
- Reboot if required
Common problems caused by DEP
The following are signed that Data Execution Prevention may be interfering with PC School:
- When running modules in PC School an Windows Application Error occurs.
- When running modules in PC School no error occurs, but the program will not run.
The above information is for users of PCSchool Student Management School Software.